Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kitchen Inspiration

~ Happy Thursday! ~

I am sitting at my kitchen island, where I blog, and I am still having a stare-down with this...


It's lovely, isn't it? *Note the sarcasm* Haha! Actually, I feel very fortunate that this is my biggest problem in life right now! After surviving cancer, problems like this are quickly put into perspective!

So, while I eat my "clean out the fridge" lunch, I am contemplating what I want to do in my kitchen.

(Try to ignore the crazy list maker's little papers and planner. Oh, and the weird lunch.)

I have been thinking that if I am re-building the whole pantry wall anyway, I may as well paint my cabinets lighter while I have the mess going. I am also hoping to get new wood floors, to replace the hated - sorry, - UNFORTUNATE, travertine I have now. 

I also would like to have a banquet built for a breakfast nook, where the table is now. I think it would be PERFECT in here. We will have to see how far I can stretch a dollar. We are still waiting on the insurance adjuster.

Here are some of the kitchens that have caught my eye recently...

 I am thinking creamy white cabinets, with medium tone hardwood floors, and stainless steel appliances.
 Of course the one above would be the absolute DREAM! -Not happening, but I can use bits of it for inspiration.
 I am thinking about painting my island a medium to charcoal gray. (Darker than above.)
 I love how these (Kelly's of Eclectically Vintage) cabinets have been trimmed out with mouldings all the way to the ceiling. I also adore her vintage bottles turned light fixtures.
 And in a perfect world, I would LOVE to change my granite to Carrera marble, but that is not happening either. $$$ I can't justify it, unless we get a larger chunk than we are expecting for repairs. (Yeah, dream on...)
 This is another huge favorite!
And another example of creamy white cabs with a gray island. Me like-y.

And here are some fabulous eating nook inspiration photos...
 Such a lovely window! *sigh* Mine are not like this in any way.  Oh well.
 Light and airy.

 This one is super pretty, and I love the fabric on the banquette. It was featured at Classic Casual Home. It is her friend's kitchen. (She has lots of friends with gorgeous homes that she's featured.)
 I can't do a high back, but I love both the whimsy, and the casual elegance of this!

And this nook with the farmhouse table belongs to another favorite blogger of mine, Delores of Vignette Design.

 For the pantry re-build, I am considering something like the photo above, and below. The one below is Kelly's again at Eclectically Vintage.

Finally, I would like to change my faucet to something like this...
 Or this...

And use fun vintage accessories, like these!


I just love old trophies and silver cups! Throw in some ironstone, and you've achieved perfection in my book! 

So that's the daydreaming for today. Stay tuned to see what reality has in store! 
See you tomorrow!
xo
-Lisa

Linking up to the following...

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


French Country Cottage
No Minimalist Here

28 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    I have the first faucet that you put up there and I love it! I searched and searched and the best deal was on Overstock.com.

    I love all your inspiration photos.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm so glad to know someone who can endorse one of the faucets! The one you said you have is my first choice, so I will go check out overstock to see if they are avail. If not, I'm sure I'll find one very close.

      I am loving all of the photos too, but I think I may be getting carried away! :-) The insurance adjuster comes tomorrow, so we will see!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  2. You have some great inspirations to work from. Love those faucet pictures. I'm looking forward to your reveal. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We will see how much I can actually do. Stay tuned!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  3. Those inspiration photos are dreeeeamy! Watch out though, I know where your line of thinking leads: "If I'm rebuilding the pantry wall, I might as well paint my cabinets. If I'm painting my cabinets, I might as well redo my floors... and if I'm doing all that, I might as well tear down all the walls, repaint everything, sell all my furniture and start over!" -- Or maybe that's just where my mind would go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! Oh yes, Kelly! You've already got my number, don't you?
      I guess we will see how much I can actually pull off! :-)
      I'm crossing my fingers!!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  4. Glad to see my kitchen is among your fabulous inspiration photos!

    With white cabinets, vintage silver and a few cool trophies thrown in, your kitchen is sure to rock!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, your kitchen is AMAZING!! I would just walk in there to gaze at it if I were you! ;-) (Is it weird that Ryan Reynolds, and a gorgeous kitchen are just about equal on the gazeability meter for me?) Hehe.

      Thanks for the encouragement!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  5. Quick get over to antiquefarmhouse.com they have those great trophies right now, so cute! I Love you inspirations kitchens, can't wait to see how your kitchen turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh!!! I will head over there now!
      Thanks, Stacey!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  6. Oodles of great inspiration pics, Lisa! Love the direction you're thinking -- fun to dream, right?
    Hoping all your dreams come true!
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!! I am hoping to make the most of this opportunity to change things! And yes, it certainly is fun to dream!

      Hope you are having a great weekend!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  7. Great pics, I am sure which ever way you go it will be fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I am looking forward to the changes, but the mess, not so much! ;-) I'm sure it will all be worth it!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  8. Oh you've picked some beauties! Love the ones with the banquettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted a banquette, and I can't wait to finally have one!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  9. I love all of your inspiration photos, especially the first breakfast room one - swoon! Good luck with the re-do. I did an almost complete re-do two years ago and still have not found the perfect artwork. Ouch, I hate admitting that, but the truth hurts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I am not looking forward to the messy part, but I am really looking forward to picking what I like and putting it in. I know in the end, it will all be worth it!

      I know exactly what you mean about the artwork thing! There's always that one thing in a room that I seem to be "in search of" to finish things off!

      Thanks so much for stopping by today!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  10. It is fun with so much inspirations oozing around our head when it come of renovation, isn't it?

    Love all of them §;) but I can't wait to see the outcome of your project.

    Happy mid-week.

    Greetings from a chilly Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment, and for your visit!

      Yes, imagining the possibilities is so much fun! Stay tuned for the results!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  11. You certainly have some great inspiration for you new kitchen!...I am sure it will be a beautiful remodel Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!