Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bring the Rain.

~ Happy Sunday everybody! ~

It's been raining here all day today. I am blogging in my jammies, and I have no plans to get out of them anytime soon. :-) I think I may download the Hunger Games to my Kindle and see what all the fuss is about. I am also planning on making a big pot of Loaded Baked Potato Soup, (I use the Cooking Light Recipe, with Nitrate free applewood smoked bacon from Trader Joes.) It is one of my favorite soups ever!

I was looking out the window at the rain and realized that I forgot to take the outdoor cushions in. Oh well. :-(  We have been looking for new patio furniture for the last couple of years now, with not much luck. When we do find something we like, it's HUGELY expensive. Mr W has some requirements that are hard to fill. He wants chairs that rock, swivel, and have a high enough back to lean his head against. UGH...I have seen some sets I really like, without such a high back. I told him that he may have to compromise. Do you wanna swivel, or lean back with your head supported? I think I should just buy what I like, and then make him a nice strong margarita! Hehe.
Here is the view outside my window today... 
 My poor dilapidated patio set. We bought it almost 11 years ago. Time for an update. P.S. I will NEVER buy a glass top table again. We have a trail through the mountains behind our house, and the wind blows dust onto that table almost daily. Fun. :p~

 I am planning to get a dwarf lemon tree for the empty pot.
 I have lots of yard work to do. I used to have irish moss planted between these stones, but it dies off in the extreme heat of the summer. I think I may do regular grass or pea gravel in between, but I need to decide and get a move on.
 This is looking out my front side window.
And directly out the front door. I love watching the rain...
Hope you are all having a nice lazy Sunday too!
See you tomorrow!
xo
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!