Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Monday, May 7, 2012

This Week's Thrifty Finds.

~ Hi everyone! ~

I have been very successful in my thrifting this week! I love finding amazing treasures for a fantastic price! 

You know that I am ALWAYS scouting for old ironstone, and it's a great week whenever I find some! I also found some really unique things at the flea market too!


 Check out this beautiful wool throw for my living room! *sigh* I love it!

 I also found another vintage folding measuring stick. What the heck is the real name for these things?
 I'm now the proud owner of quite a few of these. I love anything old with letters or numbers!
(Except old expired food in my fridge!) Hehe. Just sayin'.
 These cute signs are going in my laundry room. It needs a re-do. It's on the list, folks!
 Last week I found a larger version of this metal locker basket, and I went back to the same place, and lo and behold, there was another one, only slightly smaller for a few dollars less. I love them!

 I told you that I brought home some unusual things...this is one of them. It's a mute for a musical instrument. Some type of horn, like a trumpet maybe. Again, the old letters combined with the texture of the leather sucked me in! I only paid a few dollars for it.

 I also got this old wood box with handles. It will probably get a paint job. We'll see. I got both of these things for under $10.

And now let's get to the things that really made me smile...

 Vintage ironstone soup tureen for only $4.99!!!!!! :-) Whoot-whoot!!!
 A pretty vintage glass jar for $2.99!!
 And not one but TWO Vintage Syracuse serving platters for $1 each! Oh yes, I DID!! 
Boo-yah! Hehe! 

I had a lot of fun this week scouring the thrift stores and flea markets. I have not had as much time lately to go scouting, so this was a welcome treat! 

Have a terrific Tuesday everybody! 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
xo
-Lisa
Linking to the following...
SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

9 comments:

  1. Good shopping! I love your tureen ('cause I am a sucker for ironstone) but the thing I am most jealous about is the locker basket. I have been looking FOREVER and can't find any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so crazy for ironstone, and I have been really lucky the last few years, and have been able to build a great collection from just thrift stores! I have not paid over 5 bucks for any one piece. It's been remarkable!
      I love those locker baskets a lot too! I'll tell you the secret...I stopped looking for them, and a few weeks after giving up, there they were!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  2. That blanket couldn't be more perfect for your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so thrilled! I could not even believe it!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness...you certainly struck gold....What terrific finds...I never find deals like that!!!....I love the throw and everything for that matter...I am surprised no one snagged that tureen before you....magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley! I think they had just put it out before I snagged it! Right place, right time, I guess!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  4. Great finds - love that folding measuring stick (I have a couple - and have no better word for them either!) and your serving platters.
    SCORE!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really did find some treasures. I love them all. The throw is stunning and I love the leather music whatever, plus the ironstone is totally fabulous. Great shopping. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!