Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

~Happy St. Patty's Day~

It is cold and raining today here in California. Quite a big change from yesterday! Luckily, I have a green raincoat to wear for the errands I need to do today. It kind of makes me happy to wear a raincoat, and I'm sure it's because we get so little rain. I love these days! :-) I'll try to remember to take a pic later when I am ready to go. 
It's just the little guy and I for the day. Mr W is returning from his airline trip this evening. Since it's just the two of us, I thought we would head down to the valley today, and hit the huge indoor mall that also has a Target attached. We can shop and have lunch at the Nordstrom cafe. They even have a cool old fashioned carousel there, right near the Starbucks. (That's a win-win, if you ask me!)  I can get everything done, and stay warm and cozy (while still wearing my cute green raincoat). See? I'm a planner! ;-) 
I thought that I would show you the pretty spring daffodils I picked up at Trader Joe's yesterday. They were still closed when I brought them home, but I stuck them in a vase of water, and when I woke up this morning, they were beginning to open. I went outside my front door and snipped some ivy and a couple asparagus fern stalks to add some green to the vase.





I love daffodils! 

I also found a photo or two to add to my new home tour tab at the top of my blog. Check it out if you get at chance.
I accidentally left out the downstairs bath and a photo of the kitchen that I want to include.
Here they are...

This bathroom is OVERDUE for a reno!
I am itching to change the marble countertops and brass fixtures and trim. Ick!
I have tried to decorate around it, since there are so many other places for the money to go, but I think I need to address it soon. Also the kitchen will be getting new appliances, and at minimum another paint job for the cabinets. I am thinking light and bright.
Well, that's all for today! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Take it easy on the green beer. ;-)
xo
-Lisa


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. In the 80s here again today! It is March, isn't it??? Crazy! The daffodils are beautiful...scream Springtime!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 80 degrees! It rained here today, and even hailed tonight while we were having dinner. It was only 45 degrees when we were driving home from our afternoon at the mall. Crazy weather for California!
      I love the daffodils so much, I think I'm going to get more this week! When I lived in Ohio I planted hundreds of bulbs in my front flower beds that would come up every spring. I really miss that.
      Have a great week, Lauren!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers! I love daffodils! Sounds like you have some major projects coming up - I can't wait to see :)
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I really love them too! I am going to have some major things coming up. Some not by choice. We have a leak that has done some damage in the kitchen and master bath. :-( Even though I would like to update these rooms, I'm not super excited about being forced into it earlier than expected.
      I'm sure it will all work out though!
      Happy Sunday to you too!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!