Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Hate Math, But...

I was straightening up the house today, and lamenting the fact that I don't have exactly the photos that I would like to share with you for the post I was planning today. See, today was supposed to be the Master Bath Reveal post day. But...I did not like the photos that we shot, and the light is only good late in the day, so I have to re-shoot.

Today I thought I should share a few new additions to my ever growing vintage abacus collection. I REALLY don't like math, but I love the texture of these old abacuses so, that must be what draws me to them. Anyhow, I bought two more at a little antique store in Carpinteria this past weekend.


I took this photo at the store, then I decided that I should buy them. 
 Now that they are at home, I am deciding where to put them. They are currently leaning against a wall with another cool find that is waiting to be hung on the wall.

I've never seen an abacus with a handle before, so I am thrilled to own one.

 This vintage japanese abacus is on my nightstand in the master bedroom.
Another random collection of mine hangs just above it.


I have a couple more in beween cabinets in the hallway that I posted about earlier here.



And finally, one more in the guest room. I will probably add my new ones in here, since I took some away to create the new vignette in the hallway between the cabinets.

This room has a bit of an asian feel, these elephants are actually opium weights from somewhere in asia? I just thought they were cool. I think I bought them in Singapore, but I am not certain.

Since I was in the guest room, I thought I would share a vintage Chinese add for Bayer Aspirin. I just love this.

Vintage adds were so pretty.



So, I think I have proved...even though I hate math, I can still love abacuses!
See you tomorrow!
xo
-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, I'm a new follower on GFC and Linky and would love for you to follow back. Your abacus vignettes are adorable. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!