Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Friday, March 30, 2012

I Love Rocks, But I'm no Stoner...

Happy Friday everyone!!!

So if you have been reading my blog at all, you probably know how much I love texture in my design. I love to use natural elements in every single room. This includes pinecones, sticks, branches, nuts, pods, shells, and MOST of all ROCKS!! I double heart rocks! I can't stop myself from stooping to pick up and interesting rock. I take a bucket to the beach, and while I like shells, I find that I can fill my bucket with interesting rocks.

I have bowls of them, stacks of them, and piles of them in every room. It's one of my many sicknesses. So I thought I would show you some of the ways I have them displayed throughout the house.

 Hall cabinet vignette.
 Stacked in the master bath.
 This is one of my favorites. I love the tan and gray combo. Nature is so amazing.




 Guest room. Scattered pile.




 My son's bath. That airplane soap, btw, is L'Occitane. It is actually made to represent the Orbis DC-10 that my father -in law volunteers his time to fly to foreign countries. The plane converts to a hospital when on the ground where doctors volunteer their time to teach and preform sight saving surgeries to doctors and patients in third world counties. Pretty cool to have a soap made by such a great company to keep in my son's bathroom. Sorry. I get sidetracked easily.

Dinning room side table.

And some acorns too! 
There are sooo many more little vignettes with rocks scattered about in my home, but I'll spare you.

My parents are in town, so I think we are going to head out to lunch while my son is still in school.
Have a fantastic weekend! Tomorrow is my birthday, so I think we are going to do something fun. I'll share it in a post later next week! 
See you tomorrow!
xo
-Lisa

8 comments:

  1. They look great how you have them displayed. :) Happy Birthday a day early. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing to collect! Very creative, Lisa! Happy weekend!
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about creative...weird maybe!
      Thanks Heidi! You too!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! Thinking of you and saying prayers ro strength and healing!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  4. I love rocks, too. My father would make us stop by the side of the road and point out striations and rock formations.

    Your displays are lovely.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karianne! Yes, my grandparents, and my parents always loved rocks, and pointed out things like that to us as well!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!