Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Chalkboard Obsession

I should really warn you.

 Let you know that every other post this month should be filled under the category of...

 "The Summer of all Things Chalkboard"!

You see, I have been busy whipping up creations involving chalk, chalkboards, or chalk labels around here this week! 

So far I'm up to FIVE DIFFERENT PROJECTS and counting!!

Remember that I shared my Thrifty Finds on Monday? And in that loot were 3 small vintage chalkboards?

I did some re-arranging on top of a cabinet in my office. I wanted a simpler look. 
I used a large vintage basket, some books, a vessel with interesting old branches, and one of those cute vintage chalkboards propped in front. 

I went to town with my beloved Chalk Marker.

 (What did I ever do before I found this?...)

 I used my chalk marker and free-handed a No. 19 and a laurel wreath design with our initial inside.
The number 19 is significant to us in two ways. We were married on the 19th of October, and our son was born 5 years later on the 19th of December.  

 I used a lid to create the circle, I just stopped tracing at the top and bottom. Then I filled in with leaves, and made a W in the middle.

 Simple and cute! This took me all of 5 minutes to create.


And it all started with these...

So if you love chalk, chalkboards, and chalk labels as much as I do, make sure to check in each day! 
You will be rewarded with more chalk project posts! 

Hope you have a fun day today! 
Make time to enjoy life! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
xo
-Lisa

Linking to the following...
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors
French Country Cottage

vif187
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 

24 comments:

  1. Love it! And, I love chalkboards and chalkboard markers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding out that I'm not alone in my love for all things Chalkboard! :-) Yay! -I need to buy stock in the Chalk Markers!!!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love it! I say you can never have too many chalkboards :) I'm glad you found me-I'm now your newest follower!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you when it comes to chalkboards! And chalkboard paint. And now I have to get me one of those chalkboard paint pens too!

    :)

    Linda

    (And I'm very impressed with your freehand skills!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,

      Good to know I'm not the only one with the addiction! ;-)

      And thank you, I don't have many talents, but I seem to be able to free hand different scripts for some reason. Maybe too much doodling in my notebook in class in HS, when I should have been paying attention?!!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  4. Cute, cute, cute. Love it. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! You are very kind to host TTT every week!

      Hope you are having a nice weekend!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  5. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. Glad you stopped by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, girl!! You FREE-HANDED that gorgeous stuff?? I am so impressed! Thanks for sharing your brilliance with the rest of us stencil users! ;-)
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just lucky to have one skill! ;-) You are so sweet!

      Can't wait to see you at Haven!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  7. Great job, Lisa. I'm impressed with your free handing style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a mild obsession with chalk boards (the first step is admitting the problem)!

    You have a very steady hand to freehand that - it looks great!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably gonna need help for my addiction...

      I am loving you vintage chalkboard that you stole from those nuns! I'm a little jealous.

      Hope you are having a good weekend!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  9. Wow your writing is impressive! My writing usually comes out looking like a hot mess :) Another chalkboard lover here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you!

      Maybe we should start some kind of support group for chalkboard addicts?!
      I bet we would have more members than we'd know what to do with!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  10. Love it & you're very talented to do that free hand. Where did you get the chalk markers? I asked at Michaels recently and the woman looked at me like I was nuts! I found you blog through Funky Junk and would love if you stopped over at mine. I just posted about chalkboard plant markers that I made about a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Jo Ann's, and I bought the last white one they had.

      The same thing happened to me at Michaels!!! :-)

      I think they are available on Etsy too!

      Thanks for visiting!
      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  11. That looks great! If I had to freehand something like that it would look horrible. Love the wreath with the initial idea.

    visiting from Vintage Inspiration Friday : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy!!

      I hope to see you here again soon!!

      xo-Lisa

      Delete
  12. This is really cute ... I love chalkboards!
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa...you drew that laurel wreath??....it turned out great!...and what a great idea to create a "board" with a significant number with your monogram...I love it...Going to definitely Kopy Kat our idea!!...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!