Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Healthy Life Post #1. Delicious Green Juice

Today I thought I would share my delicious green juice how to with you. I got into juicing after my cancer diagnosis, and honestly, on top of feeling really good about all those veggies and fruits I am getting in one glass, I really love the taste of it!

Even my 5 year old likes it!  He is very picky when it comes to "eating" his veggies, but this child will drink things he would NEVER consider eating! Love that! Needless to say, we juice nearly every day.

Here's what I usually use...though, yesterday I did not have any celery (I usually use 3 to 4 stalks, with leaves if possible) , so I used a small head of romaine in it's place.


 I use only organic fruits and veggies to juice with. I want to have the purest juice I can drink, without any pesticide residue. But, I know it's rather pricy in some areas, so do what you can, and wash the non-organic stuff REALLY well.

  • 2 or 3 leaves of kale (stems removed)
  • 2 leaves swiss chard (stems removed)
  • 2 apples (sometimes I use just one really large) this time I used 1 red, and 1 green.
  • 1 large cucumber, or several small persian cucumbers.
  • 2 small zucchini
  • 1 1/2 to 1 inch piece of ginger. (depends on your taste)
  • 1 lemon


Juice away! I use the Breville juicer, and I really love it.

 Just feed the veggies and fruit through the chute. I usually core the apples, and remove seeds, and cut the lemon in half. I find I get more juice that way.
 I wind up with around 24-25 ounces. Perfect for 3 glasses. When the hubs is away, I just drink double!

 Delicious green goodness! My son used to call it "Green Lemonade"!
Stir well, and pour over LOTS of ice. Trust me on this! It's so much better super cold!
Cheers!

Linking up to...http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/

I'm off to the happiest place on earth today! Disneyland, here we come!
xo
-Lisa

1 comment:

  1. You are featured on New Nostalgia's Anti-Procrastination Tuesday! Thanks for linking up. Great job on taking care of your health through juicing. So happy you are a survivor & thriver!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!