Nothing But Blue Skies HOME     ABOUT ME     HOUSE TOUR     RECIPES     FEATURED     MY CANCER STORY     PROJECTS

Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Flowers. What's Blooming in my Yard.

Happy Friday, everyone!

I did not have a post planned for today, as we were supposed to be in London this week. Because our trip got cancelled, we decided to have a family day at Disneyland yesterday, which was great! No lines, sunny, slightly cool weather. It was perfect!

Today is a very breezy and chilly morning in SoCal! But, since it is sunny, and I am thinking spring,  I decided to see what was blooming outside.  I wanted to get an idea of what I may like to add or change for my spring planting.

Here's what's happening in my backyard...mind you, I have planted nothing new since late October, so these flowers have braved the cold winter nights. (Yes, it gets cold at night in California. Especially in the winter months!)

 Azalea.

 Mixed succulents. 


 Pansies.

 Pink Camellia.

 There's even moss growing in my flower bed! Almost unheard of here, since it's always so dry!
 My Star Jasmine are ready to burst open. There are a few lonely flowers open, just waiting for the rest.

 Kale.
 More Jasmine.
 And a perfect Camellia.

I forgot all about my citrus trees, but I guess fruit doesn't count! They are pretty and delicious, though!
Are you thinking of spring, and planning what to plant in your yard? Do you make a plan, or wait for inspiration to strike at the nursery? I usually do a little of both. Start with a plan, but find something interesting to add when I am out buying.

Have a great weekend!
xo
-Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait for everything to start blooming here. But, it is a ways off yet. I love the smell of our Jasmine that creeps up our porch railings!! We are planning on doing quite a bit of landscaping this spring as we are redoing both front and part of our backyard (we were tired of the 20 year old overgrown shrubs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love the smell of our Jasmine too! Good luck with what sounds like a rather large spring landscape project! At least you still have some time to rest up. ;-)

    xo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your thoughtful comments!